Node in thyroid, needle biopsy, cancer, lost voice, neck pain, swelling. Treatment ?

ENT Specialist
hi i was by the ENT last week and their found a node in my right side the size 4,5 in my thyroid so there did a needle biopsy to see that it is cancer ! But now i got up this morning and i lost my voice and i have bad neck in my left side and it is swollen a little i got that pain 2 days now ! Oh and i lose 4 pounds in 1 night ! Is this there something to worry ?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 49 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. There is no cause for worry.
2. Most thyroid cancers are extremely slow growing and do not spread easily.
3. It is not clear from your wording whether your FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) shows any thyroid cancer or not.
4. If you have lost your voice along with pain and swelling in the neck, schedule a routine appointment with your ENT specialist to rule out an infection. Is there any fever?
5. Is the swelling and pain at the same site as the FNAC? Any sudden bleeding within a thyroid cyst, sometimes after an FNAC, may cause a similar situation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.