No penetration due to early ejaculation. Suggest.

hi i am 28 years old and completed two years of my marriage but could not able to perform penetration on account of early ejaculation.however i tried only 5 times at the most during this. To avoid such shameful position i dont collect courage to do it frequently . Kindly help me out.....
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 27 hours later

I am Dr. Tulasi Raman from XXXXXXX

Thank you for your recent request for a second opinion from XXXXXXX

Please find below the specialist opinion written by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh , XXXXXXX consultant Psychiatry.

The exact cause of premature ejaculation is unknown, but there is evidence for psychological and biologic contributions.

As this mostly caused due to performance anxiety, the treatment of this involves active participation of both the partners.
You and your partner needs to consult a psychiatrist who will counsel you both regarding the treatment.

Most commonly used method is:
1. Use of “pause-squeeze technique,” (in which 4 sec of moderate pressure is applied to the frenulum to reduce ejaculatory urge)
2. Use of “stop-start technique”.

Medical line of management would be:
1. Topical anesthetics increase ejaculatory latency.
2. Anxiolytics (benzodiazepines) may be useful in individuals with anxiety.
3. Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and clomipramine found to delay orgasm in men.
4. Sildenafil may be superior to antidepressants in delaying ejaculation.
These options to be considered only after consulting with your doctor.

Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh