No improvement with medication for shooting pain in stomach, what to do?

Question
I have shooting pains in my stomach and it re-occuring. I have consulted a Physician and he has provided medications and this has still not reduced.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some more infomation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The medications advised are good. They should have treated you by now if the pain is a trivial one. I would like to know some more details to understand the cause for the pain. Since when do you have the pain ? Exactly which part of the abdomen do you have the pain? Do you have Nausea or vomiting? Do you have loose stools or gas ? Do you see any changes in the stool ? Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: No improvement with medication for shooting pain in stomach, what to do? 53 minutes later
Hello Doc, Here are the answers you have asked me. Since when do you have the pain ? This has started just one week back. Exactly which part of the abdomen do you have the pain? This starts in the lower abdomen and extends upwards to the middle abdomen, the pain is when I eat food and then it slowly decreases. Do you have Nausea or vomiting? No Do you have loose stools or gas ? No Do you see any changes in the stool ? No Thanks & Regards, XXXX.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be appendicitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the information. Based on the symptoms you mention, I suspect you to have Appendicitis. I suggest you to get a Abdomen Ultrasound scan to rule out the same. It is typical tat the medications you are on are not working. Such medications have no effect on pain abdomen caused by appendicitis. Regards,