No hard erections, small penis when flaccid, causing depression, tried viagra & herbal things. Suggestion?

Sexologist
Question
I am 36 years old and have a question about ED...
I need a few minutes to talk to a male physician about this.
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 8 hours later
Hi there,

you can describe your problem at length i will be able to reply till satisfaction

regards
Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY
Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine
Republic of India

Follow-up: No hard erections, small penis when flaccid, causing depression, tried viagra & herbal things. Suggestion? 5 hours later
I have difficulty maintaining full solid erections, even in the morning. When flaccid, my penis gets very small. This has had a major impact on my life. I don't pursue relationships and have major issues with self confidence and at times depression. Its like i dont consider myself eligible for a relationship because of this problem. The perception by most if that this is a joke/laughing matter. It is ruining my life.

I recently vacationed in Mexico and tried a sample of Viagra. For the first time in memory I found out what it is like to have a solid erection. My penis also remained more full when flaccid. For the first time in a long time, i felt normal.

I have no relationship with a primary care doc and would find this completely humiliating to discuss in person. I am considering ordering Viagra online. I also don't want to do so illegally.

Please understand this isn't about vanity, it's about solving a problem that has changed the course of my life since I was a teenager. I dropped out of playing sports in high school because of embarrassment about my penis. I am so tired of living alone. If viagra would help me feel more confident about my appearance by keeping my penis more full, I think it could help my confidence and could change the course of my life. I have tried all he various herbal things you see on TV and they are ineffective.

Help.

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 26 hours later
Hi there,

You have two concerns. Erectile dysfunction and Size of Penis.
I will go one by one.
Regarding Erectile dysfunction, which is due to two broad causes
Physical Cause: Smoking, Diabetes, Hormonal imbalance etc
Psychological: Most common at your age group. Stress, Performance anxiety, guilt about any other sexual activity can contribute to this.

1. Involve yourself in anti stress activities like meditation, yoga and pranayama.

2. If these do not help, you can take Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like Sildenafil, tadalafil can boost your confidence for erectile dysfunction. These are prescription drugs and I would suggest you see your physician for the same. Not advisable to buy online.

3. Sex Therapy: Sex Therapy is an effective method of desensitizing fear or performance anxiety. Sex Therapy can be provided by a Sexual Medicine consultant or Sex Therapist. Consider visiting at your location.

Regarding your Second concern, size of the penis: A penis of more than 3 inches when erect is more than enough to satisfy a female. Flaccid penis has no role in sexuality. Art of sex rather important than the size of penis.

Hope I gave you an insight of your problems and concerns.

regards
Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY