Nipples feel like have pins being stuck, shoulder pain and tubes clamped. Suggest?

My nipples feel like the have pins being stuck in them I had my tubes clamped 3 years ago I also get some shoulder aches
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Relax.Light cotton clothes, moisturizer, Analgesic

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX

Based on your explanation I like to exclude the following based on the findings and investigations as required.

1. Is there any inflammatory signs(pain, redness, swelling) or discharge from the nipple. This may happen in nipple infection along with hardening due to inflammatory changes.

2. If you palpate your nipple and the area around it, do you find any nodules or mass. If they are present then we need further evaluation by direct examination and mammography to know the cause.

3. If no other symptoms then try wearing light cotton clothes that will not rub against your nipples. Apply a lubricant like baby oil (olive oil) or any moisturizer over the nipples.

For shoulder ache (mostly due to musculo skeletal cause- Most common) try with NSAID like Ibuprofen 400mg and do regular exercises the muscles. This will help you.
Consult your physician once for a direct examination, this will be helpful in specific treatment. You may require some investigation based on the findings on examination.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If you have any further related query, then please feel free to ask me.

Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Nipples feel like have pins being stuck, shoulder pain and tubes clamped. Suggest? 19 minutes later
There is a lump I'm unsure if its tissue or not I have had some blood discharge from nipples
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs complete evaluation. Consult your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Thanks for writing Back.

The swelling you are feeling may be normal tissue or may be lipoma or fibroma-swelling of fibrous tissue (Considering your age). Avoid repeatedly touching it or squeezing it as it might get inflamed.

Blood discharge from nipple should be examined and evaluated in detail further for its management without delay. This may be due to problem in nipple or with in breast. So I advice you to consult your surgeon once for complete examination and for its management.

Hope this helps you. Consult your doctor for further management.