Next step for bronchitis and obstruction while taking prednisone and medrol dose pack?
User rating for this question
I had to be on Solu Cortef for bronchitis and obstruction, now I'm on Prednisone ' I completed 60mg x3 days, today start on 40 mg x 3.days.then 20 mg x 3 days,, then 20 mg x 3 days, then 10 mg x 3 days. I should complete this next Monday, Feb. 17. My creatinine at hospital discharge was 1.42. I have BMP today. I had steroids in the past with Medrol Dose Pack, maybe 4-5 years ago and was told at that time I was also in renal failure. My Dr. followed this and my creatinine was 1.4 in December and my Dr. said my kidneys were stable. I live in XXXXXXX Ok. What should I iook for?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Higher end of normal. Just control blood sugar. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You should continue the Prednisolone as prescribed by your treating physician. Your creatinine level is at higher end of normal. But as you have long standing illness like Diabetes for past 20 years.It might due to the Diabetic kidney disease. Nothing to worry about your creatinine level. No need of further investigations. Just have a control on your sugar. Have regular annual health check up. Exercise regularly. Take plenty of Vegetables and fruits. Avoid any fried and fat rich foods. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Amiodarone maximum daily dose
- Hydrocodone maximum daily dose
- Geodon maximum daily dose
- Cure bronchitis with medrol dose pack
- Is blood sugar of 96 good
- Risks of potassium chloride
- Properties of potassium chloride
- 96 beats per minute resting pulse pregnancy
- Medrol vs prednisone
- Body temperature below 96 and headache
- Had acute bronchitis given prednisone is it safe to take
- 96 degree body temperature with cold
- Medrol dose pack versus prednisone
- Medrol dose pack dosing
- 96 bpm heart rate adderall