Newly married, trying for baby. After sex have burning sensation while urinating. Is it normal?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
whenever i do the sex with my husband.. some burning starts in urine.. burning remains 24 hours and urine comes 15-16 times a day with burning... m newly married and it happens 3-4 times with me... we are thinking for baby also ..
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later

According to your description, the problem you are having could be honeymoon cystitis.
It is a form of due to introduction of microorganisms into the urethra possibly during intercourse.
It presents with symptoms like burning micturition, increased frequency of micturition etc.
You once consult gynecologist, go for urine microscopy and culture & sensitivity.
By this the possibility of infection, causative organism and its sensitivity to medicines can be diagnosed and treatment can be taken accordingly.
This may not affect your fertility. Once you get cleared-off the infection you can try for pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Newly married, trying for baby. After sex have burning sensation while urinating. Is it normal? 37 minutes later
I allready XXXXXXX a urologist . she gave prescription of punox and use lube ,water soluable while sex. i am not understanding that what is lube or water soluable or astroglide etc.. what is all this and how i use all this and how i buy...

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Punox contains prulifloxacin. It helps in decreasing the infection.
Lube or astroglide helps in lubrication and thereby helps in decreasing the pain during intercourse.
You have to apply this jelly or liquid inside the vagina before intercourse.
You can by this on counter in any nearby medical shop.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Newly married, trying for baby. After sex have burning sensation while urinating. Is it normal? 9 minutes later
I used Punox and burning would be less after that but again after 5-7 days we did the sex and again the burning problem stars. so whether i eat mediciene everytime when the burning starts or is there is any parmanent solution of it.... i mean it is a problem for me that everytime when my husband disccharge .... i got burning and infection..... what to do ?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 minutes later

You once consult gynecologist and go for vaginal swab culture and sensitivity.
After that according to the sensitivity report take tablets.
Both husband and wife has to take tablets simultaneously. And you have to maintain abstinence till the completion of treatment.
You can use lube or astroglide during intercourse that will help in preventing the pain and burning.