Need medicine called ECABET to cure Laryngopharyngeal Reflux. Suggest

Pediatrician
Question
Hello Dr.Grief,
My name is XXXXXX and I am wtiting from Toronto,Canada.I need to get a medicine called ECABET SODIUM which,according to my doctor may help me cure the Laryngopharyngeal Reflux.It should neutralize PEPSIN,the main culprit. Is there a way I can get it in Canada because here we do not do not have it.Thank you very much.

XXXXX
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later
Hi XXXXX,

Thank you for your query.

The active ingredient in Ecabet Sodium is Sulfodehydroabietic acid monosodium salt which is patented in Canada under Patent Document No. 0000. Hence this medicine should be available in Canada.

For laryngopharyngeal reflux behavioural changes are recommended in the form of weight loss and dietary changes. If medical treatment fails (which usually does), Nissen fundoplication procedure is recommended. Hence, I would suggest that you discuss with your doctor the various alternatives in case you do not get the medicine in Canada.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Need medicine called ECABET to cure Laryngopharyngeal Reflux. Suggest 35 hours later
Hello Dr XXXXXXX
Thank you for your prompt response.I have a son in Germany that also has the problem with Laryngopharylgeal Reflux.
Is the Ecabet Sodium available also in Germany and under what name? Please advise.At this moment I am checking possible supplyers in Canada.
Thank you again,XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 8 hours later
Hi XXXXX,

Thank you for you query.

Yes, the salt is available in Germany under the name Ecabet.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv