Need a prescription for topicort gel.

I need a prescription for topicort gel 100 grams - my eczema is acting up and I don't have time to see a doctor
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 15 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
Unfortunately no doctor can provide you with a prescription without examining your skin lesions. If you have a diagnosed case of eczema, you may apply hydrocortisone cream which is available over the counter. Hydrocortisone is also a steroid cream just like Topicort though milder in potency. Apply a good moisturiser like cetaphil to keep the eczematous areas well moisturised. If too itchy, you may take tablet cetirizine. Eczematous lesions can be managed with moisturisers and steroids. The potency of steroid required depends upon severity of eczema, hence you should never go for self prescription and treatment.
I would also emphasise that nothing is as important as health. So visit a doctor to get the area examined and treated accordingly.

Hope that helped.