Neck muscle injury. Applied ice and taken Ibuprofen. Sore and swollen lymph nodes. Should I be concerned?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I injured the muscles on one side of my neck earlier this week. The muscle is rather sore, so I have been doing ice and ibuprofin. I have noticed that the lymph nodes along the back of my neck are also sore and a little swollen (under 1 cm though). Should I be concerned about the lymph nodes?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Swollen lymph nodes of less than 2 cm in size are mostly due to a local inflammation. Since you have injured muscles on the side of your neck, it is likely that there is some inflammation in the area causing the lymph nodes to swell up. There is nothing to be worried about.
Such small swellings will subside on their own once the acute pain subsides. You can continue taking ibuprofen to reduce the local inflammation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.