Neck and shoulder strain, headache, good BP, taken Tylenol. Body temperature increasing. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
on monday past i worked extremely hard for about 6 hours straining my neck and shoulder muscles and have had a slight headache. i' 71 tears i am in good health. no problems or pills. blood pressure is very good..this has improved over the last 5 days. my concern is:my body temp, on monday night it was 102. i had a tylenol and a cool shower and it did improve somewhat. later that evening it dropped to 98.8... the next morning it was fine, but moved up word to 101... here it is friday night and after checking i'm at 100.4. it seems to be a continual up and down. i feel fine, althou lethargic. thank you for your opinon on what to do... XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 39 minutes later
It appear that you could be having possible Viral fever which is supported by headache, feeling feverish, tiredness, muscle pains, etc.

Fever is when temperature is 100 degree farenheit or more usually. Normal body temperature is usually 98.6 degree farenheit.
You are having a low grade fever which is not worrisome.
Usually viral fevers will subside on their own within a week or two unless they get complicated.
The following things should make you feel better:
a. Take tablet paracetamol 400 mg as and when required ( upto 4 times daily). This needs to be taken with food. This will relieve the fever, chilly feeling and fatigue.
b. Take a hot water shower and drink plenty of warm fluids.
c. Eat small, home cooked meals at regular intervals. Also, drink atleast 2-3 liters of lukewarm water in a day. This should help take care of the shakiness.
d. Simply rest for 1-2 weeks and you should be good.
You can take vitamin B complex and Vitamin C supplements to enhance your immunity.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.