Nausea, tired, sweating, chills, low vitamin D, sludge in gall bladder. Any ideas?

I'm 50 years old. 5’3’’, 148 lbs. According to my blood test I'm postmenopausal. I'm a little hypothyroidism; I'm taking medication for it and my last blood test was fine. A have a low vitamin D and take it weekly.

My problem is: I am very nauseas. I’ve been nauseas every morning for a long time, but usually felt better by 9 am. This nausea starts when I just open my eyes, even before I get up.
For the last several weeks I feel very nauseated every day until 3-4 pm. I also feel tired and hot-cold the whole day.
At least once a week I feel so tired and sleepy that I have to sleep the whole day. Yesterday I slept until 5pm. The whole this time I was feeling tired, nauseous, sweating from being hot and immediately having chills.
I did a blood test recently; everything was OK, only vitamin D was low. I also did a abdominal ultrasound; it only found a little of sludge in my gallbladder.

Does anybody have any ideas what could cause a nausea, tiredness, sleepiness, and feeling hot/cold?

Appreciate your help,
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
Your symptoms are secondary to Menopause. Kindly don't worry as it is not a disease and almost every woman of your age experiences this. These symptoms gradually subside with time.
Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that he/she may examine you and rule out what exactly is causing your Symptoms and Many effective treatments are available, from lifestyle adjustments to hormone therapy or low dose antidepressants, if the symptoms get severe.
Bring in some lifestyle changes:
1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Avoid high calorie foods and saturated fats.
3.) Exercise regularly for an hour and brisk walk for 30 to 40 minutes daily and maintain a healthy weight
4.) Avoid smoking and alcoholism
5.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation
6.) make sleep a priority and sleep for a minimum of 8 hours daily
7.) Dress in layers and avoid hot beverages warm rooms, caffeine, Spicy foods, to avoid hot flashes
8.) Join a support group if you have any in your Country, and share your Experiences with other women who experience similar symptoms as you, this will help you ease your burden and will help you understand your condition better
9.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.