Nausea, burping, churning noise in stomach, pain near belly button, abnormal headaches. Gallbladder ulcers?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Been nauseated since yesterday afternoon with burping/belching, churning making noise in Stomach. I had ate chicken nuggets, fries for lunch...but after I ate spagetti with no meat in it.just spagetti and 1 teaspoon of sauce....later that day...I got to kind of feeling bad then...I do have superfiscial ulcers, diverticulosis , hiatal hernia. I had hida scan done 4 weeks ago. Showed it at 33% ejection. I am not in extreme pain..just dull
dache in pit of stomach near belly button....but
ocassionally have pains in Left side and sometimes in the right side and under
breastbone area. I also had ultrsound to rule out gallstones. When I went to hospital a month ago...they referred me to surgeon about gallbladder. He said since it is
borderline...I could wait and see how I do..he also mentioned I might want to have a
stomach emptying test done. I also have been having some abnormal headaches for 2 ? Months. mainly behind eyes temples sometimes on top. I take prilosec in the morning and ranitidine in the evening. 2 months ago when I had the endoscopy...the did not find h-pylori...but I had already been on antibiotics due to another infection. I don't know what is causing the nausea, burping and if the headache is related. I know I started the headaches 2 months ago and they are not migrianes. It is not normal for me to have headaches. I am 57 years old. Drs did ct of head 6 weeks ago. Showed nothing like stroke or anything. I have not had an mri of head yet. Do you think my tummy troubles could be the gallbladder ulcers or what..I hate nausea. I am not vomiting...mainly nausea, burping/belching, dull ache stomach, headache
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in

What I gather from your information is that there is some form of acute exacerbation of gastritis

You need to take bland diet, avoid fried and fermented meals

Avoid alcohol, smoking and aerated drinks

Manage your stress level

Take tab domperidone along with prilosec to avoid nauses

What is borderline in Gall bladder ?

No need for MRI brain

Hope this helps
Do write back in case you need any clarification

Follow-up: Nausea, burping, churning noise in stomach, pain near belly button, abnormal headaches. Gallbladder ulcers? 2 hours later
In reference to the gallbladder borderline. The surgeon said my ejection was 33% and that is only two points from the number they usually take them out which is below 35. . I take my medicine everyday and it is rare that i eat anything fried or spicy. But i did yesterday but it was very little. It is kind of frustrating that i have to be on a bland diet forever. I have have had this stomach issue for almost 2 years. But the nausea burping thing is new since 3 months ago. Is applesauce ok to eat?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 hours later

Thanks for writing in

I appreciate your concern

I would suggest wait and watch now , no need to rush in for gall bladder removal

Bland diet is for time being till your symptoms are under control

Any dietary inhibitions are individual avoid anything that does not suit you, it can be learnt by trial and error method

Hope this clears your doubts
DO write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead