Natural miscarriage. Had unprotected sex and feeling nauseous. Could I be pregnant?

Hi Iam a 41 year old female. I had a natural miscarrge in Aug. 13 at about 4 weeks. I had unprotected sex 2 days after i stopped bleeding. My period was due on Sept. 15. 2 days before my expected period I had white odourless milky discharge. My I started spotting on Sept. 17 and then became a bit heaveir on Sept. 21. I stopped bledding on Sept. 26. That same day we had unprotected and he pulled out. But the next day we had sex unprotected and he did not pull out and now I am feelin g nauseous and lighted headed can I be pregnant? I also have 3 tiny unterine fribroids
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy unlikely; hormonal disturbance likely.

Detailed Answer:

Return to normal ovulation takes at least 3 weeks after an abortion usually and therefore, intercourse within that span can be safe. Please remember that abstinence should be maintained for at least 2 weeks after the abortion because the healing tissues will be very vulnerable to infections and so need some time.

I feel that you may be having some hormonal imbalance post-abortally and your spotting is due to this. Yet, I would ask you to get a serum beta-hCG assay to exclude/confirm conception. This is to avoid any problem if you happened to conceive during your previous cycle.

The impact of the fibroids depends on their location and the amount of growth observed during pregnancy; that they cannot cause infertility has been already proved.

Please visit your gynecologist for further appraisal of the situation as you may need a physical exam and a sonogram. If pregnancy can be excluded, all you need is observation and nutritional supplementation.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact if you need more clarifications. I will be happy to help.