My son was in an auto accident two weeks ago.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My son was in an auto accident two weeks ago. He got his shin area and immediately had a huge knot. He's an adult and refused treatment. I saw his leg and it it black all over from the knee down. Could this just be a bruise or something more serious. He says he's fine.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be a bruise only if he is walking normally.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic surgeon.
In my opinion with his injury , Bruise is a possibility . If he is walking normally without limp , then we can presume he has no fracture and may continue treatment for bruise only. Also watch his foot , if the color is normal then chances of bruise are more. Bruises take time to heal - maybe 6-8 weeks depending on the size..
However as orthopedic surgeon but I would recommend an X ray of the leg to rule out any minor fracture .
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.