My daughter age is nine. In scan they said borderline

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Question
My daughter age is nine. In scan they said borderline hepatomelogy (13.5cm).any medication should I use .what type of food should be taken & not to be taken.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need not to be worried about liver size

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on this platform,

I have reviewed the reports and do understand your concern.

The report shows UTI and liver size of 13.5 cm.
Liver size varies as per age and this size is normal for children more than 4 years of age.
You need not be worried as the size is normal for age and echotexture of the liver is also normal.

No specific precaution or treatment is needed if there are no other symptoms like jaundice, any cardiac problem or frequent vomiting. This may be just a normal variant. No food restriction is needed.

I hope she is getting the UTI treatment as per the sensitivity pattern.
Give plenty of water for early recovery from UTI as it flushes the bacteria in urine.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.