My body temperature is 93.7 with cirrhosis of liver end stage. Suggest some solution

body temperature of 93.7 with cirrhosis of liver end stage. should you go to the hospital?
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
Welcome to HCM!
Thanks for posting your query. I am happy to address your questions. End-stage cirrhosis is classified as stage IV on liver biopsy; it means the liver is covered with scar tissue and has very little ability to function. Other symptoms of end-stage liver disease include nausea, fever, fatigue, appetite loss and anemia. While there are many complications related to end-stage liver disease, those that will most commonly lead to ICU or hospital admission include hepatic encephalopathy (leading to an inability to protect the airway), variceal bleeding, and infection. Sudden weight gain with increased size of your abdomen, increased water retention, jaundice, changes in your mental faculties or behavior, new or different responses to medications. Bleeding that takes longer than usual to stop. If you are having any such symptom then will recommend you to visit the hospital. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help. Best wishes for good health and your transplantation. Thanks