Monday night my neck started to become very stiff and

General Surgeon
Question
Monday night my neck started to become very stiff and painful. It hurt my neck just to walk through the house. During my night's sleep, nearly all of my joints because so painful that it would wake me up whenever I shifted in my sleep. When I woke up Tuesday morning, it felt like every joint was 'frozen.' I could not move my neck, thumbs, wrists, feet, ankles, shoulders without pain. I took a hot bath and stayed in bed most of the day. Today, Wednesday, my joints are not as painful but neck, thumbs, and left ankle and foot are still hurting.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need further details

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome to HealthcareMagic...
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..

Please note..

1. Have you exercised or, involved in physical activity in the last few days?
Just want to know the cause for your this condition.

2. Have you experienced this kind of pain anytime in past?
If so, please provide details.

3. Considering your age, I can't think of other diseases which affect joints like Arthritis of various etiology.

4. Do you have any other symptoms apart from joint pains.

5. Please consider taking analgesics. Preferably NSAID group of drugs.

Please let me know the details..
Take care...

Follow-up: Monday night my neck started to become very stiff and 46 minutes later
1. For exercise, I walk my dog down a hill and back up for a total of 3.75 miles, 4x a week. I took her on her walk on Monday, but was unable to do so on Tuesday because of the joint pain.
2. Not the all-over joint stiffness. I do have a condition in my feet that causes the tops of my feet to be stiff and sometimes painful. After Xrays, my doctor diagnosed this as heel spur.
3.
4. We returned from vacation on October 6. I was in the first stages of a head cold and, due to the ascent and descent of the plane, the head congestion was driven pretty deeply into my ears and eustacean tubes. My right ear is still painful and congested even after a round of antibiotics.
5. What are the NSAID group of drugs? Motrin?

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained in points below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for getting back with your answers...

Please note..

1. Heel spur is fine.. It should not be causing you such a problem.

2. I hope that this should settle down on its own..

Please do this..
A. Drink lot of water
B. Adequate rest.
C. No walk or strenuous exercises for about a week time.
D. I prefer NSAID group, involving Aceclofenac, Diclofenac combination. But yes, motrin is also NSAID.
E. You can also, use Tramadol if NSAID's don't work.

Hope this helps..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me back..
Or, you can close the question and rate.
Take care..