Momentary loss of vision in one eye, used Xalatan. Want to know cause.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
This morning I woke up of my bed and stood up to go to the bathroom. My right eye had momentarily lost vision I splashed water on my face, and normal vision returned. I use 1 drop of Xalatan at night to control IOC to around 15-17. I would like to know the cause, because of any concerns. I am 68 years old.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Sudden loss of vision in one eye may be related to a raised intra ocular tension causing optic nerve compression which returned to normal after sometime.
I advise you to get a detailed examination done from your ophthalmologist to rule out any serious causes on your follow up visit.
Do take your medications regularly to avoid any such episodes in future.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.