Moles found, soft and squishy, minor growth. Have them examined?

I'm worried about a couple of moles I've found.

Fortunately, the one with the XXXXXXX next to it is really old, probably at least 20 years, and growth, if any, has been minor. The other one (without the penny) is probably at least 10 years old and previously examined without concern. Both are very soft and squishy.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have provided me with good information.

You have 2 moles, both which are 10 and 20 yrs old. I have gone through the pictures and they most probably look like a Common mole or Normal mole.

Normally, a mole is soft and squishy in texture. But if you observe the following changes over period, you will need to show to a Dermatologist for examination.

1. The color changes.
2. The mole gets unevenly smaller or bigger (unlike normal moles in children, which get evenly bigger).
3. The mole changes in shape, texture, etc.
4. The skin on the surface becomes dry or scaly.
5. The mole becomes hard or feels lumpy.
6. It starts to itch.
7. It bleeds or oozes.

Also, the appearance of a new irregular mole (though it is quite normal for people to develop new moles from time to time until they reach their 40s. There is no need to worry.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.