Mole on head started hurting. Should I be concerned?

My husband has dad a mole on his head since I have known him. (about 14 years) It looks like a common mole and has never been bothersome to him. This morning he woke up and he said that his mole hurts and it is a bit inflamed. It is not mulitcolor or an uneven shape. Is this a reason for concern if the only symptom he has is the pain?
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Only the pain in mole is not a thing to worry. Pain can occur as a result of trauma to the mole or infection in mole.

In addition, please provide me with the following information:
a. What is the size of the mole?
b. Is there bleeding from mole anytime?
c. Is the mole flat or elevated?
d. Is there rapid growth in size of the mole?
e. Can you upload photos of the mole?

As such there is nothing to be worried about. Please answer the above questions and upload photos to help you better.

Anticipating your response.

Dr Sudarshan.