Mole appeared in abdomen for pulling ingrown hair. Having skin coloured growth on thigh. Water and blood came out after squeezing

General Surgeon
I have a mole On my lower abdomen above my pubic bone it appeared approx 10 years ago when I pulled out an ingrown hair but it has slowly increased in size so slowly I don't know if it's maybe just stretched while iv grew... It is slightly raised use to look like a 50p shape but smaller than the top of a pencil now it's about the size of the top of a pencil slightly bigger its still quite flat and smooth but not very symmetrical kind of splodgy looking. Doc said years ago it was nothing to worry about... But I now have a small hard spot like skin coloured painless growth on the upper inner part of my thigh for about 5 weeks, with no sign of it going away I squeezed it and a bit of water and blood came out of it.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Moles and other skin lesions can appear during whole life. So your recent finding on the thigh does not have to have anything in common with the mole on the abdomen.
If the mole does not grow, does not change the size, does not get red, painful, more prominent, no color change, usually should be left alone as the risk of a cancer is very low.
However it is always better to be sure. To make sure, I suggest you to visit dermatologist, who has a special microscope (dermathoscope) and is able to tell if the mole is a risky one or not. If the dermatologist will tell to remove it, you should do that and send it to histopathology what will rule cancer out.
If the dermatologist will tell to leave it alone, you should do that.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.