Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Feeling nausea, backache and headache. What's wrong?

May 2013
My period is three weeks late, 5 negative pregnancy tests. i have nausea, lethargy, backache, pelvic pain and headaches. my cycle is always 28 days long.
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 21 minutes later

The possible causes for your delayed periods are:

Pregnancy: sometimes urine pregnancy test kits may not detect early pregnancy and can give false negative results.
So you better go for blood test for pregnancy which will give more accurate result.

Hormonal imbalance: it can be caused by disorders like poly cystic ovary disease, anemia, thyroid abnormalities, changes in diet and exercise, recent illness, stress and strain etc.

Though you are having symptoms of early pregnancy just by symptoms we cannot come to one conclusion as these symptoms can also be seen in premenstrual syndrome etc.
So you consult gynecologist and undergo blood test for pregnancy, if comes positive you can decide what to do further.
If comes negative better to undergo physical examination, ultrasound and blood test for hemoglobin and if needed thyroid profile.
With this workup the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treatment can be given.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.