Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Diagnosed as chronic inflamation on the lining of cervix. Given antibiotic. Concerned

I 3 days late and i took two home pregnancy test both negative and i am felling really sick for the past week even a few days before my period was due so could i be pregnant or not? i was having my period like twice a month and when i went to my opgyn and she say i had chronic inflamation on the lining of my cervix and i toot some antibiotic. she told my period should go back to normal after that. could this still be a problem. thank you
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 47 minutes later

The home pregnancy test kit those are available now a days are quite sensitive and pick up pregnancy as early as one day after missed period.

You have done it twice and they are negative, so I think pregnancy is almost out of question.

As you had some infection in uterus and taken medicines for it, both these things the drugs and disease it self can lead to delay in periods.

Please wait for couple of days and if you do not have periods then visit your doctor again and consult her. She will after examination and if needed with some reports like ultrasound will confirm the absence of pregnancy and then give some medicines to have withdrawal bleeding.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask, in case of no further query please accept the answer.

Wishing you great health.

Follow-up: Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Diagnosed as chronic inflamation on the lining of cervix. Given antibiotic. Concerned 17 minutes later
what about all the symptoms i have been feeling such as cramping, dizziness, shortness of breath, fatigue, and headache. from what i read they seem consistence with sign of pregnancy. and there was brown discharge yesterday that i only see when i wipe.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Good to hear from you again

The symptoms that you are having are non specific,they can occur even in the absence of pregnancy due to some hormonal variation also.

As you have started having brown discharge I think you should have bleeding in a day or two.