Missing period. Which tablet should I take to get period?

I have missed my periods i want to know the name of any tablet that would help me in getting my periods
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 49 minutes later
The first and foremost possibility for missed periods is pregnancy. For delayed periods, firstly you need to test the pregnancy status by doing a urine for pregnancy test for which kits are readily available in market. Use a morning sample of urine and presence of two lines means a positive test. This test can be done after 1 week-10 days of the expected date of your periods.

Alternately you can consult a gynecologist immediately who will do a serum beta hcg test (more specific than urine test) and a pelvic ultrasound to confirm or rule out pregnancy.

If pregnancy is ruled out and periods don’t come then the other causes may include hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland.

I believe that you should get your periods soon. If at all it doesn't, then you should see your doctor. Some blood tests to test for hormonal imbalance that is causing irregular periods is perhaps entailed.

Currently, I suggest you to wait for a week and then if no periods happen then consider consulting a gynecologist. The proper medicine needs to be prescribed after a definitive diagnosis.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Missing period. Which tablet should I take to get period? 11 hours later
I m certain that i m not pregnent,i need a medicine for getting periods
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If pregnancy is ruled out then you can take Norethisterone- Tablet Deviry or Gynaset 5mg thrice daily for 5 days. You will get periods three days after stopping the medicine.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.