Missing period. Suggest medicine to get period

I am Married age 25 years my periods time got over due looking for the capsule for substitute of regestrone to get over the staying in not planning for children right now can you suggest me some medicine to get periods
Posted Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Since your periods are overdue, the first thing you need to do is to rule out pregnancy by doing a urine test using a kit available over the counter at all the pharmacies.
If the pregnancy is ruled out then you can have medroxyprogesterone acetate like Deviry to bring your periods but this is a prescription only medicine and you will have to consult your gynecologist for this.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Missing period. Suggest medicine to get period 17 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion
Since i have checked through the clear blue pregnancy test
It showed that im not a pregnant, i use femilon birth control pills every day
According to the doctor suggest since i take im taking medicine having severe lower stomach pain due to cycle is crossed for a week.

Can you make more precise, can regestrone pill is used to get periods.
I tried finding that pills in US but i couldn't find that tablets, can you suggest me some other brand drug

Thank You
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If you are taking femilon birth control regularly, then you are having a post pill amenorrhoea which is a normal finding. Please do not worry. Withdrawal bleeding with regesterone or medroxyprogesterone ( Provera, cycrin) is not needed. You can start with your next pack of femilon and have normal periods after 28 days.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.