Missing period. Looking for medicine to continue period without any side effect

hi, I am a mother of three. I supposed to get my period XXXXXXX 26th but i did not and i do not know i am pregnant or not. I dont want any more kids. so i can have any kind of medicine to continue my period without side effect
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

Since you have missed your periods by 12 days, I suggest you to get a urine pregnancy test done using UPT Kit. This will tell you whether you are pregnant. Your treatment will entirely depend on the results.

If it turns out to be positive, then get an ultrasound abdomen to be more sure. gynecologist. I suggest you to get these tests at the earliest, because if MTP is done at an earlier stages ,there are high chances of success.

If pregnancy test is negative, you can take progestins group of drugs for few days to induce your menstrual cycle. Progestins can be prescribed by a nearest gynecologist.

Hope this helps. You may write to me anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer