Missing period. How to detect pregnancy and abort without any side effect?

I am a newly married Man. We don't want our baby before one year. What precautions should we take to avoid pregnancy without any side effect.Also we had our intercourse two times without any protection ,as it was expected to have my wife's periods within two days. but still after 7 days her periods didn't started yet. Is it a direct sign of pregnancy as we can't share it with our parents as they ll not allow for any abortion.and my wife is now with my parents in my can we be sure about pregnancy and what steps can be taken to avoid it. Please help
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 17 hours later
For pregnancy confirmation, you can do urine pregnancy test at home. The kit is available at pharmacy shops.
For avoidance of pregnancy, i.e. contraception you can use condoms or your wife can start oral contraceptive pills in consultation with your local Gynecologist.
In case your wife is pregnant and if you do not wish to continue with this pregnancy, and if the pregnancy is less than 7 weeks - consult your local doctor for medical abortion pills.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Missing period. How to detect pregnancy and abort without any side effect? 5 hours later
Hii mam

can you please mention the name of any medical abortion pills also as she is in some rural area and couldn't consult any doctor there.if there is pregnancy it is not more than 1 week. Please suggest any Pills accordingly.
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 19 hours later

I strongly advise not to take abortion pill ( MTPill) without consulting local doctor. The pills sometimes cause adverse effect in the form of excessive bleeding when hospitalization is required. What will you do if some emergency arises? I have had so many patients coming into my clinic with serious complications arising from the use of abortion pills. Therefore I strongly urge you to take her to a nearest gynecologist and plan for abortion (if at all necessary). Please stay safe.