Missed taking suboxone. Can I take lortab?

can i take a lortab 5 if i have not had a suboxone for almost 3 days
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Suboxone is a combination medication composed of buprenorphine XXXXXXX and naloxone XXXXXXX It is normally used once a day. The half life (time it takes for the concentration of drug to decrease by half in the body ) varies between the two components and with the dose of drug used. After 3 days , according to the drug half life, neither component would be present in significant amounts.

It would be best not to use the lortab, which contains an opiate, at this point.

If possible contact your doctor about the suboxone and pain medication if you are in discomfort.

I hope this helps, please feel free to ask any other questions