Missed periods. Did not have sex. Is there any possibility of getting pregnant?

Excellent

Question
I would like to know whether my GF is preganant or any other symptoms as she has missed her period and 5 days late .
We didnt have any sexual intercourse but I just fingered her and I dont have cum on it and also I didnt ejaculate Is there any possibility that she can be preganant.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get urine pregnancy test done

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

From your description, the possibility of pregnancy is minimal. I think the stress of being pregnant may be causing the missed periods.
The pregnancy symptoms are usually very non-specific in earlier stages.

Thus it is best to rule pregnancy out with a urine or blood pregnancy test. Urine pregnancy test kits are available over the counter at most pharmacies. It can be easily done at home.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: Missed periods. Did not have sex. Is there any possibility of getting pregnant? 14 minutes later
Thanks for the detailed answer.

She has been getting Irregular periods for the past three months and has 5 days late in one month but this month It is very late hence I am really concerned about it . I don't want her to get pregnant now as we will be getting married in next 4 months so bit worried about it.

Kindly let me what else we can do to stop pregency immediately.
Will pregency happens by fingering?

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take one step at a time

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Fingering should not result in pregnancy and sperm has to come in contact with egg for fertilization to happen.

The first step to do is to diagnose pregnancy. Take a urine pregnancy test to diagnose it. If urine pregnancy test comes back positive, then she can take medicines like Mifepristone to cause an abortion.

If the pregnancy test is negative, then 5-day progesterone can be taken to induce withdrawal bleeds.

I hope that you understand that it is very important to diagnose pregnancy as the treatment will vary in both conditions. Secondly to get the medicines, a prescription will be needed.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: Missed periods. Did not have sex. Is there any possibility of getting pregnant? 10 hours later
Thanks again for the well detailed answer.

We didn't do any test as of now but today she had the periods(bleeds) so that means she is not pregnant right?

I am really happy that she got the periods but confused with your below line now

If the pregnancy test is negative, then 5-day progesterone can be taken to induce withdrawal bleeds

Could you please clarify?

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi again

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Yes, getting the periods means that she is not pregnant.

In case, she had not gotten her periods and her pregnancy test was negative , then a withdrawal bleed after a 5 day course of progesterone may have been required. Now she does not need it.

I hope I made it clear.

Dr Vaishalee