Missed period since 13 days,sex using condom,condom slipped,chances of pregnancy?

Hi, I am 24 years old and had sex with my boy friend on 17th and 18th March 2011, my due period was on 3rd/4th april 2011 but now it is 13 days but I am waiting for my period, My periods always delayed for 2/3 days. Some time even 7 days also. Last two months it was one day and 4 days delayed. We had sex using condom, the " moods 'condom by HLL. One more thing I always get to know before my period start, as I get some feelings. This time I am having this feeling in a small manner. Once my period was delayed for 20 days. Now my queries are . what are the chances of my pregnancy ? Is there are any process to check my pregnancy in home ( I am based in a rural area so cant access home pregnancy kit so asking about some thing which can be possible in home ). How many days should I wait ? . We used condom , so is there any chance of pregnancy after using condom also, the condom was not teared and My boy friend checked it. My only worry is that his condom was little went down and can his semen came out of it, but he was on me and his penis is downwards, finally can you prescribe any pills which can stop the pregnancy?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sheetal 1 hour later

Ovulation occurs around 14 days prior to the expected date of your next period. If you have had sex around this time of the month, your chances of getting pregnant are high.

Since your periods were expected on 3rd or 4th of April, there are chances of conception on 17th and 18th March (the dates when you had sex). Please note that using a condom does not give 100 percent protection against pregnancy. Further, you have indicated that the condom may have slipped during intercourse. This indicates that there are definitely chances of pregnancy.

You need to do a urine pregnancy test to determine if you are pregnant. This can be performed at home using a home pregnancy test kit (home pregnancy test kits are available over-the-counter in any medical store). If these are not available in your area, you can get the same test done in a laboratory/primary health center. Since your periods have already been delayed for 2 weeks, you should get the test done as soon as possible.

Emergency contraceptive pills are effective only if taken within 72 hours of sexual intercourse. There are no pills that can prevent pregnancy if you have already conceived in this cycle.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further questions.
Follow-up: Missed period since 13 days,sex using condom,condom slipped,chances of pregnancy? 43 hours later
Dear Doc ! I have some other things to know. Can you write the name of the test which I have to do in your medical language and also tell me how I will know after doing the test whether I am pregnant or not as I do not want to see a doctor first, Please tell me in detail. Another thing is that from which date I will get to see the symptoms of pregnancy as I have not noticed yet anything. The symptoms only show after the period date or it could show right after the intercourse, as you know I had sex on March 17th or 18 th 2011, so is it enough time to show the pregnancy symptoms? What is the main symptoms of pregnancy ? Please tell me the symptoms also in detail.
Answered by Dr. Sheetal 1 hour later

There are several brands of home pregnancy test kits available in the market (eg. Pregcolor, Preganews). Ask you chemist for a 'home pregnancy test kit'.

Read the instructions given in the kit carefully. Instructions will be different for different brands.

Pregnancy test kits detect pregnancy by measuring a hormone called hCG in your urine. In general for most tests, you need to collect a sample of urine (preferably but not necessarily an early morning urine sample) in a clean container. You need to put a couple of drops of urine in a well on the test slide/cassette. The results are usually displayed within 5 minutes in the form of pink/blue lines appearing on the slide/cassette (different brands display results in different ways; the kit instructions will clearly indicate how results are to be interpreted and what constitutes a positive/negative test).

Some of the early symptoms of pregnancy are:
Missed period
Morning sickness
Frequent urination
Food cravings
Breast tenderness

These symptoms may appear even before a missed period in some women and they may not appear at all in others. You may or may not experience these symptoms.

Wish you god health.
Follow-up: Missed period since 13 days,sex using condom,condom slipped,chances of pregnancy? 33 hours later
dear Doc ! Last query I want to write down the name of the test which I have to do to check my pregnancy. I will not able to buy the home pregnancy kit and need to go to a laboratory to do the test. But I dont want to consult to a doc right now , so can you write down the the test in actual medical language and after conducting the test without consulting the report how I will able to know the result. please guide me
Answered by Dr. Sheetal 43 minutes later

You need to give a urine sample to the laboratory to be tested for hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) levels.

Ask for a 'urine hCG' test.

If you are pregnant, the report will say that the test is 'positive'.

A positive test indicates that there are detectable amounts of hCG in your urine. hCG is a hormone that is produced by the embryo in the first trimester of pregnancy. hCG levels can be detected in urine 12-14 days after conception.

Wish you good health.