Missed heart beats, anxiety, tiredness. Taken Amlodipine, Ramipril, Propanolol, Bisoprolol. Could it be the side-effects of medication?

I have recently changed from 10mg Amlodipine, after missed heart beats, after my mother's passing. My Dr changed me to rampiril, moving through the doses during which I got a BP 210/105. I was given propanolol 80mg, which made me so weak. I have been changed to 1.25 mg biprosolol ( taken morning)and 10mg ramipril (taken at night) daily and am awaiting the results of a 24 hr heart monitor for palpitations/missed beats. I am very anxious in the mornings - this goes in the afternoons - and I am very tired by late afternoon. Can this be the results of the medication?
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 9 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Bisoprolol and ramipril can cause fatigue and drowsiness as side effect. But anxiety is not related to this drugs.

I think as you are awaiting a heart monitoring, this is responsible for your anxiety and is quite normal. Late afternoon tiredness is common in most of the working people.

Anxiety can due to the emotional disturbance (loosing your mother) that you are facing. Anxiety it self can be responsible for palpitation.

If the anxiety is of long duration i advice you to speak with the physician, he may consider prescribing medications for this.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer