Why am I feeling tired even after having a good sleep?

hi im always tired i get 8-10 hours sleep a night im a sleep by 8pm i have had a blood test with my doctor and everything came back fine plus seen a hematologist and still nothing woundering what is wrong thanks i do also have a slightly larger than normal node on the left side of my neck
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query there exists a possibilty that you may be suffering from Chronic fatigue syndrome in which there is persistent fatigue that lasts for a minimum of six months . Many other symptoms like fatigue after exertion, unrefreshing sleep, widespread muscle and joint pain, headaches not previously experienced, cognitive difficulties, chronic and severe mental and physical exhaustion. Even if you are sleeping well it is not going to relieve your symptoms . One thong more is that you need to get your thyroid functions checked , because thyroid disturbances may also lead to such issues . Since you have already consulted a hematologist the lymph node isssue may not be significant . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Why am I feeling tired even after having a good sleep? 1 hour later
Thank you I though this may be the case how do I treat this??
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, There is no definite cure for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), but treatments can help relieve the symptoms. Cognitive behavioural therapy , Graded exercise therapy are suggeted . Amitriptyline is used sometimes to relieve symptoms . You are advised to avoid stressful situation , avoid any food and drink that you are sensitive to ,eat small, regular meals to help reduce any nausea and spend time relaxing. Dr. Shruti