Mirena expelled by itself. Spotting after sex. Negative for pregnancy. What is going on?

hi. my mirena expelled itself the end of feb.. I have not had any bleeding except for one spotting right after sex.. and I still have not started a period and tested neg for preg.. is it to soon for a positive to show up or what is going on
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 3 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Thank you for your query.

Usually blood test becomes positive earlier than urine test.
Blood test becomes positive after 3-4 days of implantation.
Ovulation usually occurs on the 14th day after bleeding starts & implantation take place within 7 days.
Sometimes urine test takes time to become positive for a period of 3-5 days after missed period.
So you may repeat the test again or go for a blood test for confirmation.
Along with this the sign of pregnancy appears like morning sickness, metallic test, cramping pain, breast swelling, tenderness, etc.

I hope I have helped with your query.
Please write if you have any doubt.