Minor swelling near armpit, pain in shoulder and arms. What could be the cause?

There is a minor swelling near my armpit on left side no pain but pain in shoulder and arm after some stressed work I think it's a stressed muscle coz I pulled a heavy object a month before pain is now ok but minor swelling is still there I m a female so more concerned about it plz answer
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

Any swelling in the armpit in a female should be immediately got examined by a doctor and investigated. You may relate it to the stressed muscle but it can be an enlarged lymph node too. If it is an enlarged node then the draining area has to be examined.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal