Mild arthritis, Hypertension and Parkinson's disease. Unable to stand on legs and pass urine. MRI done. Advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Line of treatment. And names of good drs that can be consulted to improve situation

Mild arthritis Hypertension Parkinson's disease. Patient unable to stand on his legs. MRI reveals peri ventricular white matter ischemia Generalised cerebral and cortical and central atrophy with commensurate dilation of ventricular system Tandem areas of mild to moderate narrowing seen in P2 segments of both PCA Mild narrowing seen in proximal cervical segments of both ICA with patent distal flow Severe cervical and lumbar spondylitis with indentation on ventral aspect of cervical chord. No chord XXXXXXX Positive thyroid Recent operation after 20 years on prostrate gland. Patient does not inform of discharge of urine
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
From the history provided, it seems that the patient is suffering from degenerative disc disease affecting the bladder activity with degenerative changes in the brain.
The treatment is done in these cases according to the severity of symptoms and the general condition of the patient. Most of the times medical treatment with pain killers in combination with muscle relaxants and methylcobalamin supplements are recommended. If there is severe debilitating pain then surgical treatment is considered.
It is best to consult a neurologist and a spine surgeon for the clinical examination and proper evaluation so that specific treatment can be instituted.
To find a good Neurologist and spine surgeon nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better specialist. You can search at
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Mild arthritis, Hypertension and Parkinson's disease. Unable to stand on legs and pass urine. MRI done. Advise? 14 hours later
Actually more than the pain he is unable to walk and respond well or sharply in action. We are wondering if it is deterioration of Parkinson's or sluggishness due to other neuro Related issues.
He was walking with a stick a month and half back. He is now quite immobile
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The symptoms he is having are more likely to be due to the deterioration of Parkinson's disease. This is not related to the degenerative disc disease.
A direct evaluation by a neurologist will be helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.