Migraine pain for some days. Suggest the treatment for veins varicosity & migraine?

Nov 2013

what is the treatment for veins varicosity & Migraine. The problem is for last around 6 months . Migraine pain comes on almost every month and remains for 4-5 days .
No medicines tried so far . No known allergies
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 19 hours later
Thank you for posting your query.

For migraine pain, you should start preventive medications, as you are suffering from pain for 4-5 days per month. These medications would reduce the severity and frequency of headaches. Commonly used drugs include flunarizine, beta blockers and topiramate.

For severe headache, you may use rizatriptan tablets to get relief.

For varicose veins, you can use leg stockings while standing and walking. Also, if possible, please avoid standing for long duration.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: