Menopause, osteopenia. Having arm numbness and pain all over body after a fall. Taking diclofen

Spine Surgeon
Hi I am a 34 year old female with osteopenia due to menapause for the past ten years. The night before last night I fell at work. My foot became entangled in the computer wires somehow and I fell pretty hard to the ground. My knees and the palms of my hands caught my fall. As the day went on my pain got worse in both ankles, upper back, chest and arms. I felt like I had whiplash. Now I wake up in the middle of the night with my right arm completely numb and in extereme pain in my whole upper body of my back and arms. Now I find it difficult to lift my right arm above my head or even to use the mouse for my computer. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I've been taking Diclofen, with minimal relief. Do you think it's worse than what it seems? Should I be seeing a neurosurgeon or some other specialist? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 23 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Due to fall there may be injury to arm, shoulder or neck. Whiplash injury is a possibility which involves sudden neck injury which can cause numbness / weakness in the arms. However do you have any neck pain? any leg problems?
I would suggest to consult an orthopaedic doctor and get examined thoroughly. Need to rule out arm or shoulder injury which is more likely. If numbness persist and if there is any hand grip weakness then its more likely neurogenic cause. Please get Xrays of the neck and shoulder which will help to diagnose the problem.Thanks.
Follow-up: Menopause, osteopenia. Having arm numbness and pain all over body after a fall. Taking diclofen 10 hours later
Thanks so much for your reply Dr. Chaudhari. My neck is sore to the touch and I don't have any "new" symptoms with my legs. Being that I have MS, sometimes it's hard to tell. However, I do notice that I feel some burning sensations in my left scapula region to my upper arm area. I will suggest the xrays to my PMD. Thanks again for your insight!
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 8 hours later
I hope you will get better soon. Let me know if you have any queries. Take Care.