Medicine to delay periods? What precaution should be taken during regular intercourse?

My Self XXXXXX,My Marrige Date s August 5,,,,And My Period Date Is 13,Aug....Am Going On Honeymoon On 8-19 August...What Are The Best And Safest Source To Delay Periods...Please Advice Advise Me The Best Along With Medicine Name....One More Thing Dr.Please Tell Us We Both Dont Want Pregnency For six Months Is Condom The Safest And He Have To Use Daily Or Any Another Source For That..Am Totally Unaware Please Tell Some Tips Abt Comming Maritial Life About Relationships With Husbands Pregnency And All....
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your questions.

The best way to delay your period is to start on birth control pills. Your ability to delay it for your wedding might be affected by when the first day of your last period was. When was that?

Condoms are the safest method, as there are no medications involved, but birth control pills are also extremely safe assuming you have no medical history and do not smoke.

Lets start with the question above to you and I will continue to help you to clarify this situation.