Medication for diarrhea

Hi Doctor, My wife suffering with daily 6 to 8 times going to water motion .so what type of medicine (Syrup) required for the treat of motion
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 9 hours later

I understand, your wife has AIDS, and is sufferring from watery motions 6-8 times a day.

You can give her over the counter medicine like Lomotil available anywhere, twice a day for loose motion. You can also give T. Omeprazole if she has any associated gastritis or burning in stomach.

Try to avoid milk and any spicy foods. She can take buttermilk, well mashed rice, carrot soup, soyamilk and black tea, all of which will settle her intestines fast. But if she does not improve, do see your doctor to rule out an infection since she is sufferring from AIDS.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please write back to me if you have further queries and wis you and your wife good health.