Masturbating. Feeling tired and experiencing pain in legs. Advise

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello Doctor,I am 21 Years Old,....Doctor i have very bad habit of masturbation,,,,,,I started masturbating 7 years ago......I am masturbating 6-7 times in a week.Doctor please let me know how can stop this... I am tried many times to stop this but i cant....now after masturbating....I am feeling tired...Unhealthy ....and also to much pain in my legs.....I am loosing my stamina ...... also I heard from many person....if you will continue masturbating like this....You will get sexual problems....in future....Like You can't Pregnant your wife and if your wife will birth a child....your Child will born unhealthy....like weakness in eyes...brain problem and many more..Doctor Please help me ....I am cant constraint on my work becoz of this problem..Please help me
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Masturbation is normal sexual practice as per medical research

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the query

Masturbating 6-7 times per week is normal, according to medical research. In fact it is sometimes used as a therapy while counseling couples to practice mutual masturbation. If it causes problems why would doctors recommend it for couples. Think through it.

You are highly invaded by myths. Common myths regarding masturbation are the following:
"if you will continue masturbating like this....You will get sexual problems....in future....Like You can't Pregnant your wife and if your wife will birth a child....your Child will born unhealthy....like weakness in eyes...brain problem etc".

The persons from which you have heard these statements, are they practising evidence based doctors / scientific medical journals ? Please answer me.

Masturbation 6-7 times per week does not lead to any sexual problems, inability to produce child. Let us discuss why do you want to stop it after the reading above. You should not try to stop it, trying stopping this might cause unnecessary problems.

I am available for further discussion.

Follow-up: Masturbating. Feeling tired and experiencing pain in legs. Advise 1 hour later
Ok according to you ...if I will continue Masturbation like this ...I will not get nay sexual problems in future like my wife Pregnancy and Etc .....Right ? reason behind why I am asking you this same question again and again ......I search on net and heard from many persons ......from all I got negative ....dats why Sir ,,,,I am fully fear from this .....Please Sir Clear this point....

and Sir why I am feeling pain in my legs after masturbation.....I am loosing Stamina.....like if I will run only for 5 mins ......my breath is just like .....I am feeling like ran 15- 20 mins......my heartbeat is to fast ....after running only 6- 10 mins,,,......

is there any effect on muscles .....like biceps,Triceps,Chest etc...

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is absolutely normal

Detailed Answer:
This fear (arising out of your belief) that the myths that I mentioned are the cause of your loosing stamina, etc and the attempt to control it does cause such symptoms

If this would have been the case then every married man (who used to indulge in masturbation and sexual intercourse or people who have multiple sexual partners and indulge in sex etc) would be week, with black eye etc. etc. that you are experiencing or referring to.

Again I am clarifying to you that his does not affect sexual life or fertility power etc

The internet search that you are mentioning are not authentic scientific medical web sites. You will find too many misconceptions related to sexuality (for e.g big size penis will give more satisfaction etc., but this is not true according to medical science)

I would say, no need to worry, no need to ask or keep searching. This is absolutely normal

I will be happy if you can genuinely think on what we are discussing and keep going in life without any attempt to stop it or thinking on it

Follow-up: Masturbating. Feeling tired and experiencing pain in legs. Advise 33 minutes later
ok thanks ....... can i continue....like this... as I told you i am mastrbating 6 7 times in a weeka....so can I continue like this..

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Absolutely continue and enjoy rather apprehenshive

Detailed Answer:
You can, of course, continue masturbating and enjoy it rather than becoming apprehensive of the same.

And it is important not to get carried away with the myths that you may listen from family, friends, newspapers, sexual magazines, unauthentic nonscientific websites. from time to time

Remain happy and focus on your carrear and other aspects of life

What I am talking is well proven in the medical science research

Wish you best of luck in all areas of your life

Follow-up: Masturbating. Feeling tired and experiencing pain in legs. Advise 2 hours later
Thanks Doctor ..

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thank you

Detailed Answer:
Wish you a happy and progressive life