Masturbated for long time. Foreskin was red, swollen and irritable, no pain during urination. Advise?

earlier this morning i masterbated for quite a long time (3 hours maybe). this evening my foreskin was very swollen, slightly red, and a little irritable. I am 22 and I am uncircumcised and this is the first time this has happened. I should also mention there is not really any pain during urination.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 38 minutes later

I do not see any reason for concern.

There are two main reasons for a swollen foreskin one, rough masturbation and two, a tight foreskin.

As you do not have this in past, this seems to be due to rough masturbation, the swelling will go down by its self within a day or two.

Just avoid doing masturbation for couple of days, avoid pressure and friction to the part.

In case of discomfort or pain, you can take analgesics like Tylenol to have relief.

You can apply some moisturizer to the part to avoid irritation.

In most of the cases doing this or nothing should solve this in a day or two.

In case the swelling increases, you can retract your foreskin with ease; you need to see your doctor for examination and treatment.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Masturbated for long time. Foreskin was red, swollen and irritable, no pain during urination. Advise? 5 minutes later
Thank you so much. There is quite a bit of conflicting information floating around the internet so i appreciate a direct answer. One more question, as far a healing as quickly as possible does it matter if im taking hot or cold showers? and would applying an ice pack or anything be beneficial? Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

As written earlier, nothing needs to be done.

When ever there is injury to any part of body, the body had got a tendency to increase blood supply to that part and there is release of some chemicals which starts the repair process.

As result of this there is local swelling and redness at site of injury.

As the repair process goes on the reaction subsides and the things come back to normal.

Cold application reduce the extent of this reaction and helps in reducing swelling faster, but it is not must and not advised in these kind of injury.

Just let the body takes it own course and as mentioned if the swelling increases or does not subside in couple of days seek medical advice.

I hope this clarifies your concern.