Mastectomy done. Finished herceptin treatment for breast cancer. Chest x-ray done. What are the findings?

Oncologist, Radiation
i just finished Herceptin treatment for breast cancer. I also had a mastectomy of the left breadt. just had a chest xray and the findings say "suggestive nodulsr shafow superimposedon the right third anterior rib. no focal opacity to suggest infiltrate XXXXXXX What does this mean? thanks!
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Dipanjan Majumder 25 minutes later

You have completed Herceptin therapy. I t means you have got HER2 positive breast cancer.

In HER2/neu positive breast cancer rigorous follow ups needed, as they are aggressive in nature.

Lung nodule on conventional X-ray can be due to many causes, like
- granulomatous lesion like tuberculosis
-healed infection
comparison with previous chest X-ray is necessary to find out similar shadow.

you should be careful about the relevant history like
-chronic non productive cough
-blood mixed sputum
-weight loss
-any bone pain or joint pain
-yellowish discoloration of urine
-appearance of new lump in chest wall or right breast or at axilla.

In case of any suspicion you should inform your oncologist as early as possible.

In my opinion, for better understanding of the nature and characteristics of the nodular shadow contrast enhanced CT scan will be the best imaging modality.

You should consult your oncologist to guide you better. I will be available to answer further queries. wish you good health.