Marijuana user. Noticed painless swelling on scortum. Should I be worried for hydrocele?

Hi, i am XXXXXXX I am taking marijuana since last 3 years. after one hour penis erect for a long time. Now, i m obserbing that a little bit of swelling on the right scortum. It is painless. Please advise whether it is starting period of hydrocele? As i feel due to marijuana this swelling has been started. Pl. advise.
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 13 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

As per the description of your symptoms, this painless scrotal swelling could be due to a hydrocele or a varicocele. Sometimes a chronic epididymitis can also cause a one-sided scrotal mild swelling. You need a proper physical examination, and if necessary, further investigations, in order to arrive at the exact diagnosis. So, I would advise you to see a doctor in your place for the same.

It is unlikely that the swelling is due to your marijuana use, however, it is better to avoid it since it can cause other medical and psychological complications.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist