MRI of spine showed prominent interior cervical vertebral body osteophytes with loss of intervertebral disc heights. Advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have got my cervival spine x XXXXXXX done and there are prominent interior cevical vertebral body osteophytes noted at C5/C6 with corresponding loss of intervertebral disc heights.

Are Chiro Practionars effective to get spine back in shape ??
I have been using cervical denneroll ..will that help ?

am 35...what would be your long term advice apart from sitting posture ?
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 days later
Brief Answer:
Cervical Denneroll will not help.

Detailed Answer:
The MRI findings are suggestive of cervical spondylosis. Cervical denneroll is used in cases of cervical lordosis to correct the spinal curvature. This does not help in cases of cervical spondylosis.
Treatment includes
1. Use of cervical collar helps in immobilisation and brings relief.
2. Medical drugs like pain killers - acetaminophen/ibuprofen and muscle relaxants might be helpful.
3. Methylcobalamin supplements are also recommended for nerve compression symptoms.
4. Cervical isometric exercises are beneficial to maintain the strength of the neck muscles. Neck and upper back stretching exercises, as well as light aerobic activities, also are recommended under the guidance of a physical therapist.
5. Hot fomentation helps in relieving acute symptoms.
6. You can avoid using a pillow.

As you try these measures, I also encourage you to consult an orthopedician instead of a chiropractor for both evaluation and to avail stronger prescription medications (if over the counter medications are not helpful).
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: MRI of spine showed prominent interior cervical vertebral body osteophytes with loss of intervertebral disc heights. Advise? 8 hours later

I have been going to physio therapist here in Singapore. In my X XXXXXXX , there is also loss of normal cervical lordosis but sagittal alignment of spine is preserved.

Can chiro and Cervical denneroll help me with cervical lordosis ? and getting my curve back in shape ??
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Denneroll cannot help you to a large extent.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
The loss of lordosis may be due to the spondylottic changes and loss of intervertebral spaces. Using Denneroll might help you some but it would be best if you use it under your orthopedician's guidance.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.