Ask a Urologist   »  

Lump under the shaft skin of penis, not painful. What is it ?

I seem to have some type of lump all most feel like miniature balls around the size of bb's under my skin on the shaft of my penis near the head. I first noticed this maybe a year ago and it would come and go and I figured it was not anything major, tonight while masturbating I noticed that it seemed bigger or more bb's not sure how to describe it, no pain or anything when I touch that area of my penis, it almost feels as if I have a object inside of me, They do not always appear but when they do its while I am erect. I am married but in Iraq and have always been faithful to my wife. plz let me know if there is any other information that could help
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 hours later

Important aspects of your query are:
•     30 year old male
•     No history of extramarital physical relation
•     Complaints of: small swellings near the glans penis.

If you've never had extra marital sex then there is least chances of having sexually transmitted disease (STD).

Your small swellings near the glans penis may be pimples or ingrown hairs or Penile papules. These are common and they're nothing to worry about as these are self limiting conditions.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Lump under the shaft skin of penis, not painful. What is it ? 9 hours later
Thank you very much for your help, I looked up pictures of Penile papules and thats what it looks like I have but just to be on the safe side when I get back to the states I'm going to have it looked at
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later
It is always rewarding to solve others problem.

Wish you good health.