Lump on shoulder near neck, frequent sneezing. Scan results normal. Early cancer stage?

some two years ago i notices a small lump on my right shoulder near the neck. I have spoken to my doctor and he sent me to have a scan , which showed that everything was OK in my neck. I believe I have early stages of neck or lung cancer , I am also sneezing on a regular basis.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

At this time I do not suspect that the lump that you have described is some type of cancer. The fact that you have had this for two years without significant progression is further evidence that this is most likely something that is not worrisome. If this were some type of cancer we would expect it to advanced significantly over a course of two years.

Also you indicated that you think you might have some type of lung cancer or neck cancer. Please specify what symptoms give you this type of indication. If you otherwise do not have any symptoms I do not suspect that this is the case.

If you really want to know about the pathology related to this lump you could ask your doctor to have a surgeon remove the actual lump and send it to a pathologist for evaluation.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns that you would like to discuss.

Dr. Galamaga