Lump on labia majora, near crease of leg, itchy, large, hard. history of endometriosis. Treatment ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have a lump on my labia majora near the crease of my leg, it is quite itchy, but when i feel it, it feels like a large hard lump,what can it be, im 43yrs old 71 kilos, im 5feet 4tall, have a history of endometriosis
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later

A large hard lump near the crease of your leg can be swollen inguinal lymph nodes.

These are usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions or some malignancy. So it is best to rule out STD’s first and then move on to investigate other causes of swollen lymph nodes.

For this, a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lymph nodes and swollen glands is the best test. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. This will confirm the diagnosis.

You may get the initial physical examination, relevant tests and treatment done under care of your physician.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Follow-up: Lump on labia majora, near crease of leg, itchy, large, hard. history of endometriosis. Treatment ? 44 minutes later
thankyou for your reply, the lump is on the left side of my vagina at the bottom towards where your bottom cheek begins and my leg, it is very hard to explain where it is, i just wanted to confirm if this is where the nodes are, but i will make an appointment to my doctor, i have been with my partner for quite some time, so i wouldnt imagine i have any form of std.
thanking you for your time
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

Lymph node swelling seems a likely possibility.

There is no substitute of a direct clinical examination. Hence go ahead to consult your doctor.

Wish you good health.