Lump in the middle of clitoris causing pressure and discomfort, on periods due. What is the cause?

I feel like I have a small round lump just in the mid section of my clitoris. Feels a little larger than a pee size. Last Friday wore tight workout pants all day and I had thought that what it was just an irritation. started to feel a little better after a couple of days then the discomfort came back again today. I feels pressure and discomfort is about a 4. No discomfort when I urinate. My Menstrual cycle is due any day. Any feeling on what this could be?
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 2 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic

After wearing tight work out pants all day you got the lump. So there is a chance of infection of hair follicle, we call folliculitis. You said that it is causing discomfort. Is it painful? Folliculitis is usually painful.
You mentioned the location as midsection of clitoris. Clitoris is such a small region of genitalia which itself is pea size. I doubt whether you mean clitoris. I assume it is vulva that you are describing.
There is another condition called Bartholin's cyst which causes swelling of the labia on one side, near the entrance to the vagina. This is caused by blockage of Bartholin's gland causing accumulation of secretions of gland. It can later become infected to form painful abscess.
I recommend you to get an appointment with a dermatologist to confirm diagnosis.
You can apply a topical antibiotic cream over the area three times a day.
Hope this helped.
I will be happy to answer any further queries you have.
Wish you good health.