Lump behind ear, on neck, red sore scalp, slight headaches, sore throat. Treatment?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I have suddenly noticed a lump behind my ear and on my neck and also a red sore scalp, slight XXXXXXX headaches on one side, wwhere the lumps are and a sore throat
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later

The lump you have notice behind the ear and the in the neck are the lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are like policemen of our body which helps in fighting against the infections in the surrounding regions.

Sore throat can give rise to enlargement of these lymph nodes in the neck, whereas any infection in the scalp region can cause the lymph nodes to pop-up behind the ear. Both of these seem to be relatively harmless lymph nodes. You need to get treated for both the sore throat as well as sore scalp.

Mini headaches as mentioned by you could be stress related or most probably a migraine.

I would suggest you to consult a good ENT specialist for the treatment of sore throat as well as migraine and a dermatologist for the treatment of sore scalp. Till then drink plenty of warm water and avoid chilled food.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon